Dear TdVA Families,
The building is brimming with construction excitement, planning, cleaning and organizing in preparation for the Dress Rehearsal-Back to School BASH on Tuesday, August, 13. We hope that you will be able to make it to our fun kick-off event. Thanks so much to our PTO for organizing and supporting this fun event!
The first day of school is such an exciting event for students and families. We can't wait to see everyone. There are more details about the Dress Rehearsal, first day of school, and upcoming events listed below and on our school website.
We are looking forward to a great school year.
See you soon!
Dress Rehearsal- August 13th:
It’s almost here! We are looking forward to seeing returning families and meeting new families at TdVA.
Schedule of Events:
5-5:30 pm- CSD Dress Rehearsal
5:30-6 pm- New Families
6-6:30 pm- Last Name of A-M
6:30-7 pm- Last Name of N-Z
7-8 pm- Enjoy Food trucks, play on the bounce houses and playground
8-9:20 pm- Bring your lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy our outdoor screening of Peabody and Sherman on the big screen
While at the Dress Rehearsal families can:
- Meet the principal and assistant principal
- Meet your teacher(s), Encore teachers, and other staff
- Pick up handouts at the office
- *Pay your school fees upstairs in our STEM area
- *Load lunch accounts near the Cafeteria
- Turn in medications with the singed medication form, or pick up a medication form from the Health Room
- Sign up to volunteer with the PTO in the Community Neighborhood
- Check out the school with all new constructed areas. You will notice several areas that have not been painted or have doors. That work will happen in September.
* Don’t forget to bring a check, cash, or credit card, for school fees/school lunches. Or you can skips the lines and pay directly using the website Payforit.net.
- Class placement will be available on Parent Portal in Infinite Campus on August 13th at 12pm.
Student School Supplies and Other Fees:
Fees can be paid at the Dress Rehearsal with cash, check or online (PayForIt.net)
- Parents do not need to purchase individual supplies for your student(s). Instead there is a $35 fee for each student that covers supplies.
- There is a $35 fee per student that covers consumable items such as magazine subscriptions, digital resrouces, t-shirts (varies by grade level), party supplies, planners, take home folders, etc.
First Day of School is Thursday, August 15th
First Day Arrival Procedure:
Students in 1st grade through 5th grade line up on our playground blacktop before school with their teacher. We will have a quick Beginning of School Year moment together and come into the building together. Kindergarten students will go directly to the kindergarten playground. When the teacher lead the students inside please join Victory Molina, our new principal for a Coffee & Kleenex Mingle in the Pre-School rooms directly next to the kindergarten rooms.
School Bell Times:
School opens at 8:35 am when students will enter their classrooms and begin their daily routines with the tardy bell at 8:45 am.
Dismissal is at 3:45 pm
Coffee & Kleenex- Aug. 15th from 8:50 - 9:15am:
Stop in the pre-school room after you drop your student off and have a cup of coffee, grab a Kleenex (if you need it) and visit with the Principal, VictoryMolina.
Elementary Testing Days - August 22nd & 23rd
Thursday, August 22nd and Friday, August 23rd will be District Twenty’s Elementary Testing Days. Each year we assess all students to determine where they are academically at the beginning of the year and at the end of the year. This information is vital to teachers for planning instruction. Students are assigned to a 60 minute block of time for testing with their teacher. More information to come.