The TdVA Makerspace
The da Vinci Makerspace is a flexible learning space where the elements of steAm can all come together and creativity can be at forefront of learning. Please see examples below for some of the cool things that we do, as well as information on Monthly Maker Challenges.
Kodo Kids Magnetic Wall Magnetic Pattern Block Wall Vertical Lego Wall
Strawbees Ozobots Green Screen
Monthly Maker Challenges
Every month we hold a maker challenge for the school and surrounding community. A breif description of each challenge is below. Please click on any challenge to link additional information and rules for the challenge. There is never a challenge in December due to schoolwide Hour of Code participation.
+++We are currently in need of old phones for our virtual reality googles.
- Cardboard Challenge- Join Caine's Arcade for some cardboard fun
- Pumpkin Challenge- Be creative and create something new out of a pumpkin
- Board Game Challenge- Create a Board Game, bonus points if it teaches something
- Create a International Day Person - Share your heritage
-Recycled Sculpture Challenge - Celebrate Earth Day
- Lego Challenge- Everyone loves Legos- Build something unique
-Strawbees Collective Scultpture- Building fun with straws
-Monster Mask Challenge- Green screen fun!
-Comic Challenge- Create a comic with your favorite dragon Spark!
Future Challenge Ideas: If you have an idea, please let Dr. Schimmel know!
- Puppet Challenge
- Rube Goldberg Challenge